Tim Salter

Another victim of the cruel and inhuman regime .  RIP Mr Salter:

The 53-year-old, who also suffered agoraphobia, was about to be kicked out of his housing association home when he hanged himself in the hall.

A coroner ruled the Government’s decision to axe Tim’s meagre incapacity benefit contributed to his death.

And the former assistant store manager’s sister Linda Cooksey told how his fitness to work test was carried out by a physiotherapist with no ­experience of mental health issues or knowledge of his blindness.

 

Advertisements

David Coupe

Another judged as “fit to work” by the cruel heartless Atos and DWP in our so called “civilised society:

Mr Coupe, a former butcher and farmer, was assessed as fit to work last year – despite enduring unbearable pain from ulcerated legs which left him virtually housebound. He also suffered with diabetes and a heart condition.

His £50-a-week incapacity benefit was subsequently axed – forcing the cash-strapped Coupes to go without heating and food.

They appealed against the judgment but were told a ruling would take almost a year because of a backlog of cases.

But Mr Coupe didn’t have a year. He was later diagnosed with a rare form of cancer which took his sight and his hearing – and two weeks ago his life.

Five weeks before he died, Mrs Coupe contacted Atos to tell them her husband, 57, didn’t have long to live – but still the appeal was not brought forward.

Mrs Coupe said: “I’m so bitter and angry about it all.

“David didn’t need this on top of everything else he was going through.”

Mrs Coupe described her husband as a “much-loved man who would do anything for anyone”.

Figures show more than 150,000 people have raised concerns about assessments carried out by French firm Atos.

Colin Hampton, co-ordinator at the Derbyshire Unemployed Workers’ Centre, said: “There should be a complete overhaul of the system.”

 

Close shave for Mr Whitelaw

Yet another close shave, but thankfully, Mr Whitelaw survived:

He says he told the assessor of his symptoms on May 3, including depression, dizziness, breathlessness, and lethargy, in addition to a ischemic heart disease.

 

Mr Whitelaw was admitted to Fairfield Hospital, Bury, on June 2 after collapsing at home with a low blood pressure. He is now recovering after having two bleeds in his stomach clipped.

 

 

Andrew Stuart

A FRIZINGTON man committed suicide by swallowing 140 Coproxamol pills after discovering that his incapacity benefit was about to be stopped.

 

Andrew Stuart, 49, was found dead at his home in Frizington Road, by police officers, in May last year, after concerns were expressed by worried family and friends.

 

Paul Reekie

“I thought I would let you know that Paul took his own life. He didn’t leave a note but he laid out two letters on his table. One was notifying him that his housing benefit had been stopped. The other was notifying him that his incapacity benefit had been stopped.

“The reason I’m writing this letter is just so you know the human cost of attacking those on benefits.”

Mark Scott

A DAD whose son died just six weeks after wrongly being stripped of his incapacity benefits today said he blamed the Government for his death.

 

Mark Scott, 46, had been told he was fit to work by Jobcentre doctors, despite GP records showing he suffered severe anxiety, panic attacks and chronic alcoholism.

 

He died of pneumonia in his Avondale Road flat in January.

 

David Groves

A dad-of-two was killed by the stress of facing the ­Government’s tough new medical test for benefit claimants, say his grieving family.

David Groves, 56, died of a massive heart ­attack the night before his medical as he scoured the internet for ways to raise cash in case he lost his entitlement.

He had claimed incapacity benefit for three years after doctors ordered him to stop ­working following a heart attack and ­several strokes.